Sunday, September 4, 2011

Entertaining Angels.....................


You know that saying that perhaps you have entertained Angels without knowing it. That is a question that has haunted me for the last eight years………..

I have probably never talked about my dog Sam on here. My dog Sam was a rescue dog and I believe he is touched by God. When I first saw him he was limping on the side of the road getting ready to get onto a highway. I remember saying out loud,”Oh please God protect him.” Then I said “I promise I will help him God but I am late for work and I can’t do it today. Just please keep him safe.”

The very next day, at the same intersection in the heart of the ghetto, I see this guy out of his car in the middle of January and it 4 degrees outside. He is waving his hands and screaming so I look over and here is this dog again and this time he is being attacked by two pit bulls in the front and two pit bulls in the back and they are ripping him to shreds. So I get out of my car and start screaming and waving my hands. At which point the pit bulls look at me as if to say screw you and go back to ripping him up. I then hear a voice in my head that says Samurai…….. So I start making weird Samurai noises and kicking my feet and wailing my arms around and next thing you know the pit bulls all take off and the dog runs under my car.

He won’t come out and it’s 4 degrees outside. I talk to him and reassure him and call the fire department to see if they will get him out from under my car. No mas…. They direct me to animal control who explains it will be at least 45 minutes to an hour. So I talk to him and start praying……..I mean really praying. Ok God I need some help here this dog needs to get to a vet and it is too cold out here please send me some help. Next thing I know about 5 minutes later this guy with blonde hair and crystal blue eyes shows up. He says its freezing cold and a bad neighborhood and asks if he can be of assistance. I tell him the story and he says he and his wife do dog rescue all the time. He goes to the car and comes back with a leash and wraps it around the dogs snout pulls him out and gets in the back seat of my car with the dog and we head off to the vet with the mans wife following behind in the pick up truck.

We get the to vet, open the door and the bell on the door tinkles and rings and we bring in the dog to the receptionist area and the vet techs and the vet come and out and there is a lot of commotion. We explain what happened and in the midst of the confusion the man and his wife disappear. I look around and they are gone….. I ask the receptionist did you see them leave and she says no. Then she says if they left we would have heard the door open and the bell sound.

So here is the question that is well over due for the Magic 8 Ball. Magic 8 Ball on that day did I entertain angels? Shakey……………. Shakey……………. Shakey……………. And the answer is: Signs Point to Yes. Ah Ha!!! I knew it……. It was just so weird and no one could explain how they disappeared and they were definitely sent from God to help me….. A direct response to a prayer. Sammy has been one of the best dogs ever and is my protector. If he doesn’t like you he lets me know and I must say he is always right.