Tuesday, July 12, 2011

So Cute But What A Pain In The Arse......


It is July in my lovely town and the temps are soaring. They have issued a heat advisory for our area and they expect the actual high temp today to be around 101 with a heat index of 105 to 110. So about half way thru the day they issue a boil order for 500 thousand people in our city of 2.5 million. This means on an extremely hot day you have heat up your water to boiling before you can drink it. Really? Really? Are ya kidding me? Then they tell us that it will likely last for a couple of days. Not only does this affect cooking and drinking water but you are not suppose to shower or bathe in it either. Now this is going from bad to worse! I wasn’t planning on stocking up on bottled water but now I may have to change my mind. Maybe this will have to be a question for the Magic 8 Ball. Magic 8 Ball should I go stock up on bottled water so I have a reserve in case of emergencies? Shakey Shakey Shakey……………..without a doubt.
Okay so I guess on my lunch hour I will head off to go buy some bottled water.

Well gee that was fun. I head off on my half hour lunch hour across the street to Wal-Mart to go grab a couple of cases of bottled water and apparently there has been a run on it…… none to be found. So then I go to the local grocery store and again shelves are bare. Hmmm… This might be more serious than I thought. Or maybe not. I won’t drink water I’ll just drink wine……that might not be such a bright idea…… guess I will have to wait till I get off work to search the area for bottled water.

Interesting…..now it appears the boil order problem all stems from one rather curious raccoon who decided to check out the local water system. Apparently a raccoon got into the switch gear at the water plant which caused a major surge and then caused everything to shut down. All this because of a raccoon!!

After work I did finally find some bottled water but it took going across the state line to get it. I do now have a reserve which I have tapped into of which the boyfriend says I must replace so that I can continue to have a reserve. That sounds like a question for the Magic 8 Ball on another day.